This is a blog about what's happening in my life in Los Angeles. It will also include postings about interesting things I come across as I explore life in L.A.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Los Angeles Updates




This is a picture of me taken on a shoot about 2.5 months ago. Not the most recent photo, I know but there is just something so real about it. On shoots I try to be so serious and on top of my shit- and it's just so funny that a photo like this reflects that so well. That side of myself only comes out rarely in certain situations. And usually I am so focused and peacefully stressed that I would never notice it. But here it is.

It has been so so long sonce I have posted anything! That makes it all the more interesting to sit down and write right now- there are so many things I could write about. So many experiences I have had in the last three months. But I will stick to the basics- have amazing house. I have been getting amazing shoots. I have wonderful friends. I love Los Angeles. I feel so fortunate.



This is the entrance to my little studio. I live in Laural Canyon- which is technically part of the Hollywood Hills. It cracks me up to tell people that I live in the Hollywood Hills- but it is true. Laurel Canyon is probably the most down to earth section of the hills. The roads are barley wide enough for two cars. The wind obscurely through the canyon, some paved, some simply dirt. Houses sit on the edge of cliffs over looking the city below. The other night as I was getting ready for bed, I heard a pack of coyotes barking for minutes at a time. Being in the canyon, all of the sounds below of dogs barking, birds singing, and people in their backyards is amplified. It's a fascinating place to live.

More photos of my house:




Photos of Laurel Canyon:




more to come soon..

No comments: