This is a blog about what's happening in my life in Los Angeles. It will also include postings about interesting things I come across as I explore life in L.A.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Harley Ride, Pheonix, AZ




I had to peel myself away from the rocks in Sedona. I left after the sunset and started my drive to Pheonix. As I headed down the highway, a full moon was rising behind one of the famous rock formations.

I was headed to Phoenix to visit the Barnwell's, my stepmom's son and his family. They live in Mesa, Arizona, a suburb of Pheonix. As soon as I got up the next morning, Kevin told me to get dressed, we were going on a motorcycle ride.






And that we did. We headed out of Mesa on a backroad towards Apache Junction. It was fantastic. I have been on a few motorcyle rides, and each one, I will never forget. One was on a little moped in Hanoi, Vietnam with my older brother. Another was on the back of a crotch rocket, on my birthday in Miami, with a hot French guy. And now on the back of a Harley with my step brother, winding through the canyons outside of Phoenix.

By the time we got home 4 hours later, my butt was in so much pain. But it was well worth it.


2 comments:

Kevin Barnwell said...

Come to Mesa for a ride any time! Be safe in San Diego. See you at Thanksgiving????

Trav.is said...

I love the shot of you on the Harley and what looks like Superstition Mountain in the background.

Angie the Biker Chick! Ride On!