This is a blog about what's happening in my life in Los Angeles. It will also include postings about interesting things I come across as I explore life in L.A.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Malibu Longboarding Contest




On Sunday morning at 6am, I got in my car with a nice full mug of coffee and drove up to Malibu. Sunday was the finals for the Malibu Surfing Association longboarding contest. This was my first surf contest, so I was anxious to see what it would be like.




When I arrived at 8:30 am, the heats had already begun. The best surfers were left on Sunday- after winning all of their heats the day before. There were men and women of all ages, the youngest being about 4 and the oldest, 85. Sitting on the beach, it felt like a family. Many of the spectators and surfers have grown up surfing together and competing against each other. It was a beautiful day. The waves were small, but everyone made the best of it.





No comments: