This is a blog about what's happening in my life in Los Angeles. It will also include postings about interesting things I come across as I explore life in L.A.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

East Bay Inspiration





Inspiration is a funny thing. Especially how it waxes and wanes...In some ways I am feeling overwhelmed with inspiration. But at the same time, I don't know where to start, or how to channel it. Sometimes I mistake that feeling for being a lack of inspiration. But as I am spending more time in California, and getting deeper into this adventure, I am realizing that it is not a matter of not being inspired. I simply need to articulate all of my ideas through pictures. I am also realizing that the only way I am going to figure out what projects I want to be working on is to shoot constantly.

While I was in the East Bay, I took several drives into the Berkeley Hills. The Bay Area is probably at the top of my list for places to move, but I still needed to drive into the landscape to see how it inspired me. It was amazing to me how quickly you can get access to nature. While Oakland feels really crowded to me, I was able to get to this spot in about 10 to 15 minutes.

1 comment:

swirley2 said...

great shots and commentary! professional photography. Like being on the trip with you. thanks for inviting me along