This is a blog about what's happening in my life in Los Angeles. It will also include postings about interesting things I come across as I explore life in L.A.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Through Southern Oregon and into the Bay Area..


The first part of my road trip really began once I left Eugene, Oregon. Simply because it was road and land that I was not as familiar with. I have spent most of my time in the last 8 years between Portland and Seattle.

I left Eugene in the morning on June 6th. I took I5 South. It took me about 8 hours total to get to San Francisco. This was definitely my longest day on the road. But that evening, by 8:30pm, I arrived in Oakland, CA.

This picture is an old abandoned roadside diner in Southern Oregon. I was probably about 100 miles from Ashland, OR.

Pine and Evergreen trees slowly changed into an Ecosystem that resembled Northern California. The climate became more arid and my excitement began to grow. I was getting close r to the Bay Area..

I shot this picture when I pulled aside for gas near Lake Shasta, CA. I was still about 4 hours from San Francisco. This funky painting was beautiful sitting in the window of this mountain diner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This blog and the stunning photos impacted me deeply. I love the presentation, colors, variety of photography and the warm, inspiring 'feel' of the blog site. I am motivated to take my own next step!