This is a blog about what's happening in my life in Los Angeles. It will also include postings about interesting things I come across as I explore life in L.A.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

OAKLAND!!!

I arrived in Oakland at 8:30pm on June 6th. I was hoping to make it just in time for a capoeira class with one of Mestre Acordeon's student's, Professor Cravo. But, fate would not have it. And I arrived just before sundown.

I pulled up to my friend Sam's house in East Oakland. This is Sam...













I know Sam Mende Won from my days at Bard College. When I got back from Brazil and Ecuador, my junior year, I met Sam. In those days I had just started capoeira, and was interested in Breakdancing. We would all meet up several times a week and practice our moves in the campus center. Now Sam lives in Oakland and works for a non-profit called Destiny Arts Center.

Saturday at Half Moon Bay

On Saturday we gathered the troops: me, Sam, Gabe, and Thandiwe. We got a cooler full of beer, groceries and a BBQ. We headed to Half Moon Bay for a day at the beach.

....Sam and Thandiwe... ....Gabe telling a story....


And this was Half Moon Bay when we arrived...

We spent the day making food on the BBQ, drinking beer, and running around on the beach.

Here are some more photos of that day..


No comments: